So here it is..

I'm a Vancouver Film School student living it up in Vancouver, Canada. I am in my second year at VFS studying Digital Design. I am really interested in that beautiful little place where film and motion graphics meet! Its pretty rad.

5/28/11

Peter Jackson's Video Blog

Peter Jackson is signed on and in pre-production of the hobbit and it looks exciting! Although I, like most, am sad about the loss of director Guillermo del Toro and what he would have brought to middle earth I can suck it up and accept another great look at Tolkeins world from the eyes of Peter Jackson. Peter has decided to make a video blog as the filming goes along giving us some insight and behind the scenes looks at the making of the film as its happening. The first video for the blog has come out giving us a look into hobbiton, rivendell and the goblin caves. It is going to be made into two movies (I'm not complaining but making two parts to one movie is getting tiresome.) A major difference between the filming of the hobbit and the Lord of the Rings Trilogy that was filmed 12 years ago is that they are shooting in 3D. I am not a fan of 3D and am a little bit dissapointed that they chose to do this. This also means that there is going to be a big difference in the way the effects and the the whole look of the film looks because they can no longer use simple basic effects like kneeling down for hobbits because of the way a 3D camera films. But all in all I am anticipating the release of these films (part 1 is planned to release in December 2012).
One last fun fact.. this movie is rumored to potentially be the most expensive movie ever made, expected to cost 300-500 million. Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment